New Hope surgical is proud to announce that it offers lap band surgery in Chicago for over a decade. Surgical weight loss options such as the lap band have been very successful in many case studies. The lap band system is only for those with a BMI of 40 or higher. Those that have two or more co-morbid issues are eligible if their bmi is thirty five 35+.
The lap band is performed laparoscopically or by using the single incision laparoscopic surgery also know as SILS. The procedure typically takes under one hour and you are usually discarded within 1 to 2 day if no complications occur.
Gastric banding is considered one of the safest bariatric procedures when compared to other weight loss surgeries such as gastric sleeve or gastric bypass.
Lap Band can be a great tool for weight loss, but true weight loss is more about a lifestyle change.
Always check with your insurance provider whether you are covered to have this procedure or if this surgery will be out of pocket. It is always best to contact your doctors staff and see where your group is covered for bariatric procedures.
Here are some of the most important changes in your life you will need to consider before having the Lap Band procedure:
- Bariatric surgery is part of a lifestyle change
- Gastric banding alone is not the ultimate solution for weight loss it is just a tool to help you reach your goal faster
- The Lap Band also may have complications where you may have to have an open surgery in order to correct the complication
- You need to loose weight before the procedure otherwise your surgeon or insurance may deny you the procedure
- Always talk about the risks associated with the lap band and any other bariatric procedure with your doctor.
New Hope Surgical is located at 1950 N Harlem Ave, Elmwood Park, IL 60707. You can reach them directly by phone at (312) 883-8660 or on their website about bariatric surgery at newhopesurgical.com . New hope surgical services all patients in the Chicago area who are interested in Lap band.